Hello Peekapak friends!

We have collected data from schools across the United States and Canada to determine best practices for using Peekapak in the classroom. Educators from kindergarten through middle school have provided insights on their usage routines, Social Emotional Learning (SEL) skill development, and general tips and tricks to maximize utilization of Peekapak.

USAGE

Of those surveyed, 75% of educators use Peekapak 1-2 times a week, whereas the remaining 25% use Peekapak more than 3 times a week. Educators use Peekapak in-class, or specifically during social emotional learning time. To get full use out of Peekapak, educators recommended scheduling a dedicated time each week to use Peekapak as students will start to look forward to it. Specifically, 100% of educators use Peekapak lesson plans and activities with their class, and 75% use the myPeekaville digital learning game to solidify topics. Educators conduct read-alouds, facilitate lessons as whole group or small group instruction or dedicate device time for myPeekaville.

ROUTINES

Every school and educator utilizes Peekapak resources differently, showcasing the product’s flexibility to meet the needs of the classroom. Educators have found best results setting designated time for Peekapak such as first thing in the morning, journal feelings check-ins, daily groups, or mindfulness time, claiming consistency is key. Some educators begin a new Peekapak story lesson every Friday, at the end of the school day,  and continues the learning activities early next week. 

STORIES

Educators expressed their love of Peekapak’s relatability of the SEL stories. They are age appropriate, and the emotions displayed in each grade level are relative to social situations each age group would face. One educator praised how characters stay consistent throughout each story which enables students to understand who the characters are, make connections, and stay engaged. Some educators claim the lessons are applicable and relatable to student activity in the school. 

SEL DEVELOPMENT

Across the board, educators have seen significant improvements in their students’ SEL skill development. They have seen students recognize social situations and address emotions taught by Peekapak. Students commonly refer to the lessons to help problem solve and understand their own emotions in everyday situations. As a result of these realizations, students are ultimately forming better, lasting relationships in the classroom. 

These best practices, shared by educators, are a stepping stone to inspire and leverage Peekapak in your classroom, that works best for you!  If you have any tips or tricks that  you would like to share with the community, please email us at hello@peekapak.com.

About Peekapak

Here at Peekapak, we are committed to helping children become successful, compassionate, caring, and empathetic citizens of the world! How? By teaching children important social-emotional learning (SEL) skills so that topics like gratitude, perseverance, and respect become not just something they hear about, but a part of who they are.

We strive to accomplish this by creating a company and a curriculum that makes SEL fun, easy and seamless for teachers, parents and especially children, so that kids learn without even realizing it. Peekapak’s learning platform can be implemented in person, online or in hybrid teaching models, providing flexible solutions for all school districts.

About Kaitlyn Hall

Kaitlyn works alongside the CEO to help cross functionally provide support and leadership. In this role, Kaitlyn works to help operationally support the organization and ensure we meet each department's goals.

0 CommentsClose Comments

Leave a comment

Newsletter Subscribe

Get the latest Peekapak news right to your inbox!

Bitnami